Automobile - FAQ

Auto FAQ

Homeowners - FAQ

Home FAQ

Commercial- FAQ

Commercial FAQ

Claims - FAQ

Claim FAQ

What is the difference between Comp and Collision?

Comprehensive Coverage (Comp): This coverage protects your vehicle from non-collision incidents, such as theft, vandalism, natural disasters, and animal collisions.

Collision Coverage: Collision coverage, on the other hand, covers damage to your vehicle resulting from collisions with other vehicles or objects, regardless of fault.
In essence, comprehensive covers non-collision events, while collision covers collision-related damages. Both are optional but often recommended for comprehensive protection.

What is uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage?

This coverage protects you if you're in an accident with a driver who has no insurance or insufficient coverage.

How does my deductible work in auto insurance?

A deductible is the amount you pay out of pocket before your insurance kicks in. Higher deductibles often result in lower premiums.

Does auto insurance cover rental cars?

Comprehensive and collision coverage may extend to rental cars, but it's essential to check your policy or contact your insurer to confirm coverage details. There can be a gap in coverage for loss of use that the rental car company may incur because of a vehicle loss..